Google My Business Optimisation
Google's Most Powerful Discovery Tool
Ever wonder how you competitor gets to the top of the Map on Google? The secret is their ‘Google My Business’ listing. If you’ve never heard of Google My Business, or you’re unsure how it can work for your business, then we wrote this page for you.
Google My Business is a free tool for local businesses that helps them stand out and share information to attract the right customers.
You can think of it as a social media profile, but for your business. In one place, you’ll have a visual representation of who you are and what you do. This includes a map with your location pinned on it, photos of your facility, reviews, contact information, and more.
Top Benefits Of Google My Business
Having access to a free tool that helps you get discovered by your ideal prospect is pretty powerful. But Google My Business has additional benefits, too.
- Potential visitors see a map where they’ll be able to pinpoint your location and get directions.
- You have another opportunity to appear in organic search results. Companies with fully optimised GMB listings often appear in the top three mapped Google Places.
- Your most up-to-date information is displayed in one visual dashboard for ultimate customer convenience. This includes your hours, busy periods, contact information, reviews, and a business description.
- You can interact with your customers easily online with this tool. If a potential customer needs assistance or has a question, you can interact in real-time or host a Google Hangout.
- You’ll get analytics and customer insights so that you can learn about their behavior. With this information, you can tailor communication tactics and marketing strategies.
- You get another place to gather reviews and publicise what makes you special.
Steps To Optimise Your Google My Business Listing
Our team is here to help, and we’re happy to do all the heavy lifting. If you’re the DIY type, here’s what you can do to get started using this valuable (free) tool.
Verified businesses are considered more reputable than non-verified companies. Verification is a simple process involving a postcard from Google that confirms your location and your operations.
Fill out your profile
Use every available field to provide information, and be as detailed as possible. Remember, your audience is likely to be people looking for your product or service. Give them enough context to make a decision.
Keep updating it
GMB is not a “set it and forget it” tool. By keeping your information updated with photos, hours, and reviews, you signal to potential customers that you’re an active business owner who cares about the customer experience.
Optimise your business description with keywords
Having a significant number of reviews signals that you’re a reputable company. Reviews help customers decide if you’re a pleasant place to do business with. Also, make sure you respond to reviews (both positive and negative) in a timely and professional manner.